- Hindi news
- Tech auto
- Maruti Not To Get Vitara Brezza Produced At Toyota Plant, To Replace It With Another Model
Fed up with Ads? Install Dainik Bhaskar app for news without ads
- In March last year, the MSI board allowed the production of Vitara
Brezza at TKM’s Bidadi plant.
- According to a global collaboration between Toyota-Suzuki, Maruti sells its Vitara Brezza to Toyota Motors.
Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) said on Thursday that its compact SUV Vitara Brezza will no longer be produced at the manufacturing plant of Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) in Karnataka, as previously decided.
The company said that it will now be allotted some other models in place of the Vitara Brezza, which will be built at the Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) plant. However, at this time the names of the models, which will now be produced at the TKM plant, where work has been temporarily suspended due to an issue between the workers union and management.
Kia Motors reported 50% year-on-year growth, escorts sold 10,165 tractors, up 33%
Other models will be made in place of Vitara
MSI said in a regulatory filing, “The board has today approved the conversion of the model manufactured in TKM from Vitara Brezza to another model.” When contacted by a TKM spokesperson in this regard, he said: “After intense deliberations between Suzuki and Toyota, the two companies have taken such a decision. We are at this point in time about our future product plans.” And would like to refrain from commenting. “
Nissan Magnite Launches with Many Segment-First Features, Starting Price 4.99 Lakhs; See variant wise prices
Production was scheduled at TMK’s plant
In March last year, the MSI board allowed the production of Vitara Brezza at TKM’s Bidadi plant which would start from 2022.
Maruti-Toyota partnership is old
- Already, according to a global collaboration between Toyota and Suzuki, MSI sells the Vitara Brezza to TKM, which after making some design changes sells the model to the domestic market as an urban cruiser. Under the same contract, TKM also gets MSI’s premium hatchback Baleno and sells it in the market as Toyota Glanza.
- In March 2018, continuing their partnership discussions in 2017, Suzuki agreed to supply the premium hatchback Baleno and compact SUV Vitara Brezza to Toyota, while Toyota in turn decided to supply the Corolla sedan to Suzuki .
- Later, the two companies agreed to expand the scope of their cooperation and discuss new joint projects in the fields of technological development, vehicle production and market development.
- Under the agreement, TKM will manufacture the model developed by Suzuki for sale in India through its respective brand network.
- In addition, the two firms decided to look into cooperation in the export of models developed by Suzuki, including those produced by TKM — the Indian arm of Toyota — from India to Africa and other markets through their global sales network.
The shorter riders can also easily drive these 5 bikes, their seat height is less; See which ones in your budget